Friday, March 18, 2016

Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 4.0 - I will be attending April 2/3 2016 Roswell, Georgia


Lonnie Mimms , Apple pop up museum
VCFSE 4.0
Bugbook
Bugbooks
Hope to see you at the VCFSE 4.0. I will be speaking about my 45 years as a collector of historical microcomputer artifacts. The presentation will  include information  about how I acquired the more then 10,000 items in my Bugbook Computer Museum collection including 4 original Apple-1 computers. The entire collection ( I am retaining 2 of my Apple-1 computers) has recently been moved to the Computer Museum of America in Roswell, GA. I will also speak about my years with the "Blacksburg Group" in the 70's & 80's and the pioneering work in the microcomputer revolution of the group. In addition to myself the "Blacksburg Group" included Jon Titus (Mark-8 designer), Chris Titus, and Peter Rony. The group got its start with the publication of the "BugBooks" 
(1974)

Apple pop up museum
Photo from past VCFSE
More links to information about the VCFSE 4.0

Facebook 

Computer Museum of  America

Vintage Computer Federation 

Atlanta Historical Computing Society

Twitter

one more link - Roswell Patch


David G Larsen
David Larsen
I am excited to be attending my first Vintage Computer Festival South East, sharing my computer collecting stories with fellow  Vintage computer peers. I doubt if I will be the oldest person there however I will be in good company with anyone older - I am 77 and my start with computers was 59 years ago in 1957. The Navy sent me to school in St. Paul, MN to learn about the big Remington Rand Univac computers. I have always been a hoarder and collector of old electronic devices however I claim 1971 as my start of collecting microcomputer memorabilia. 45 years ago in 1971 the first commercial microprocessor chip (4004) came to market. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and will respond.